The Triangle Native American Society (TNAS) is a visionary entity empowering American Indian people residing in the Triangle Community to become resilient leaders advocating for educational advancement, economic sufficiency, self-determination and cultural inclusiveness and awareness by capitalizing and building upon the strengths of the community and the infrastructure that promotes and encourages the blending of diverse groups.
Purpose of TNAS
The purpose of the TNAS is to act as the official governing urban Indian organization in the triangle community. Furthermore, the organization seeks to unite American Indians together bridging various unique culture and traditional blends while holistically attending to the needs of the Indian population residing in the community. These will be accomplished by the following:
1. To obtain and administer funds to address the needs of the Indian constituency residing in the triangle community;
2. To provide residents residing in the triangle community information and referral services;
3. To educate, stimulate and cultivate cultural awareness through programming and other forms of media;
4. To promote unity and leadership to achieve political and developmental strength while providing effective advocacy for the American Indian population; and
5. To further strength educational achievement through providing a culturally relevant learning community.